|THE ORIGINAL TUFF TIE
- Easily Concealed
- Gentle (does not damage wrists or expose officer to blood)
- No metal parts
- Pass through metal detection for transport and courtroom purposes
- SOLD 5 RESTRAINTS PER PACK, BLACK
TECHNICAL SPECS • FACTS
Cord Tensile Strength: Over 800 Lbs.
Cord Material: Flat Diamond Braided Nylon
Locking Block Material: Reinforced Polycarbonate
Assembly Weight: Only 8 grams (Approximately 1/4 oz.)
Loop Circumference: Hand Restraint: 12.5" each side, Foot Restraint: 25"
- STRENGTH - TUFF-TIES are at least 40% stronger than electrical cable style ties.
- EASE OF CARRYING/CONCEALMENT - Plastic cable ties are normally carried in the hatband or looped over the officer's belt. Multiple pairs of TUFF-TIES easily fit in the pocket, the cavity of the handcuff case, the glove box of the car, etc. When carried in the pocket, TUFF-TIES will not become entangled. Undercover officers commonly conceal the TUFF-TIES in the tops of their socks.
- STORAGE LIFE - TUFF-TIES have unlimited storage life. Plastic cable ties have been known to deteriorate over time requiring periodic replacement of inventory.
- NON-INJURIOUS TO PRISONERS - Less flexible plastic cable ties have distinct edges which can result in self inflicted injury by a struggling prisoner. TUFF-TIES are soft, flexible, have no sharp edges, and conform to the contours of the wrist. They were designed to not cut into the skin. Unlike cable ties, TUFF-TIES are designed with a small amount of "give" to prevent cutting off circulation.
- WEATHER CONDITIONS - Plastic cable ties can deteriorate when exposed to sunlight or heat. TUFF-TIES are impervious to any kind of weather conditions. TUFF-TIES are unaffected by exposure to sunlight and they remain flexible even in the coldest weather.
- LOCKING - TUFF-TIES are locked in by 18 polycarbonate teeth.
- QUALITY MATERIAL - TUFF-TIE blocks are made from the highest quality polycarbonates. The braid is of the same nylon cord that is used in truck radial tires. Additionally, a component is added to the block to make it practically indestructible. Every unit is inspected prior to sale.